Reading: PCGS Submission Guidelines
Member Name and Number: Fill in your list and PCGS Collectors Club extremity total. Your member numeral is located on your welcome letter or within your on-line score .
Return Shipping Address: Fill in your return transportation address and contact details. Be sure to provide your full e-mail address and earphone number. In the event PCGS has questions or concerns regarding the submission, you will be contacted via electronic mail using the address provided. PCGS will lone contact customers via phone if an electronic mail reception is not received .
Service Group: Select a Service Group ( one per form ). Gold Shield™ service includes absolve TrueView™ imaging. If choose Gold Shield service, please add $ 5 per coin. Some service levels include Gold Shield and are identified via the golden harbor picture. All World ( Non-U.S. ) coins require the use of the PCGS World Coin Submission form .
available Service Group options :
- U.S. Standard
- U.S. Gold Shield
Genuine Option: All coins submitted are subject to being deemed as Genuine ( not gradable ). Select one of the two options for our Genuine Service. merely one option is allowed per submission form :
- Genuine with Details (default) (will print the coin problem as well as a details grade).
- Do not holder Genuine-only coins.
notice : Full grading fee will be charged .
Service Type: Select a type of submission ( one per form ) .
- Grading – For raw, non-encapsulated coins.
- Regrade – For PCGS-graded and encapsulated coins you would like PCGS to review for a higher grade.
- Crossover – For coins currently graded and encapsulated by another third-party grading service.
- Reholder – For PCGS-graded and encapsulated coins that you would like to be placed into a new PCGS holder. Coins submitted for reholder will not be reviewed for a higher grade.
Reconsideration – For PCGS-graded and encapsulated coins that you would like regraded without removing the coin from its stream PCGS holder unless the coin upgrades. Select one of the sub-options below :
- Upgrade by full numerical grade – Example: MS64 to MS65.
- Upgrade by plus ONLY – Example: AU58 to AU58+.
- Upgrade by suffix – Example: BN to RB/RD, CAM to DCAM, PL to DMPL.
- Any – Example: MS64 to MS65, AU58 to AU58+, BN to RB/RD, CAM to DCAM, PL to DMPL.
Coins that upgrade under the Reconsideration servicing will be charged an extra guarantee Premium fee of 1 %. The 1 % fee is based on the value of the coin in its final examination degree. If a PCGS Price Guide value is available for the coin, the 1 % will be charged based on this value. If a PCGS Price Guide respect is not available, the 1 % fee will be based on the declare respect noted on the submission form. PCGS reserves the right to determine the coins final examination value. View extra details on PCGS Reconsideration Service .
Service Level: Select the appropriate serve flat based on the type of mint ( south ) being submitted, the declare value of the coin ( south ) or the requested turnaround clock desired ( one per shape ) .
- Guarantee Resubmission – If you have a PCGS-graded and encapsulated coin that you feel is overgraded, misattributed, or counterfeit; submit the coin in its holder under the Guarantee Resubmission service. PCGS Guarantee Details
- Tokens and Medals should be submitted under the Special Issues or Economy Special Issues Service Levels. For further information on eligible Tokens and Medals, visit PCGS.com/tokensandmedals.
- To take advantage of the complimentary submissions included in certain membership levels, please mark the “other” option and write “CC Voucher #XXXXXX” on the blank line.
Coin Details: Indicate all pertinent coin data :
- Quantity: Indicate the quantity of coin(s) for each line. If you are submitting multiples of the exact same coin (raw, non-encapsulated coins), list them on the same line. Coins submitted in a PCGS or other Third Party Grading company’s holder must be listed individually to account for the certification number and applicable grades.
- Coin Number: Indicate the PCGS coin number (optional) of each coin (if applicable). PCGS coin numbers can be found at PCGS Coin Number Lookup.
- Date / Mint Mark: Indicate the date and mint mark of each coin (if applicable).
- Denomination: Indicate the face value of each coin.
Coin Description/Variety: Indicate the description of each coin and any crucial varieties or features ( if applicable ). diverseness model : On a 1937-D Buffalo Nickel, a kind would be 3 Legs. While PCGS does not recognize every variety show for all coins, we will recognize most major varieties. Certain varieties will merely be recognized through the Variety Attribution Service.
Read more: 4 Steps to Safely Buying Litecoin
For Non-U.S. Coins, indicate the country of lineage for each coin ( World coin submissions must use the PCGS World Coin Submission form ) .
- First Strike: For an additional $18 per coin PCGS will designate eligible coins with a First Strike label.
- PCGS TrueView™: For an additional $5 per coin you will receive a digital, high resolution image of each coin.
- Variety Attribution: For an additional $18 per coin PCGS will attribute select varieties such as VAM, Overton, Fivaz-Stanton, etc. on select coin series. Please note, Variety Attribution is not available for Show Services.
- Oversized Holder: For large coins such as 5oz commemorative coins
- Grade: For coins currently graded and encapsulated, indicate the full grade. Include any plus grades or suffixes if applicable.
- Certification Number: For coins currently graded and encapsulated, indicate the full certification number. For PCGS-graded coins, the certification number is located on the front of the PCGS label to the right of the forward slash.
Min. Grade: Indicate the lowest satisfactory grade. For coins presently encapsulated by a third-party grading service other than PCGS, provide your minimal acceptable grade. You can not indicate a minimum degree higher than the grad presently on the label. For naked ( non-graded and encapsulated ) coins 1965 to date, you may indicate ( but are not required to ) a minimal grad .
NOTE: Minimum grades are not accepted on Regrade or Reconsideration Service Types or coins dated prior to 1965.
For Raw Coins: Use this column only if you do not want your mint encapsulated unless it meets this minimum degree or higher. You will be charged the wax grading fee evening if your mint does not meet the minimum grade specified and is not encapsulated .
For Crossovers: For a coin previously graded ( presently encapsulated ) by another rate servicing, PCGS will holder the mint only if it meets or exceeds your specific request. Please specify one of the play along options ( If you leave this area blank, PCGS will assume the minimum grade is the grade presently on the holder ) .
Note the following limitations apply:
Fees: Standard marking fees will apply whether the coin crosses or not ( since the coin completed the grade process and our graders rendered an opinion ). Coins that do cross will besides be charged a Guarantee Premium based on the value of the coin. For coins which do not meet the minimal grade specified, the resultant role for the coins will show as Did not Cross. Please keep in mind that it is not rare for different grade services to reach different conclusions about the grade of a particular mint. PCGS is not bound, in any way, by an opinion rendered by another scaling military service .
- Declared Value: Indicate the insurance value for each coin. If you are unsure of the value of your coin, contact a PCGS Authorized Dealer in your area, or reference the PCGS Price Guide to establish a value based upon the grade you feel your coin will qualify for. If you fail to provide a declared value for each coin, your order will be on hold and you authorize PCGS to assign a value of $50 per coin.
- Total Number of Coins and Total Add On Fees: List the total number of coins for each add on column then multiply by the listed fee. Write in the total for use in fee calculation.
- Total Declared Value: Total the declared value for all coins on this submission and indicate the amount on the line provided.
Alternate Return Shipping: Complete this segment only if requesting the practice of your own USPS Express Mail or FedEx report or you are a PCGS Authorized Dealer plan to pick up your meekness at the PCGS office. If you are requesting PCGS to return your submission via your FedEx or USPS Express Mail account, fill in your full account numeral, indemnity limit, manner of speaking choice and indicate if a signature is required. If you are a PCGS Authorized Dealer planning to pick up your submission, please check the allow box. notice : Pick up choice is available by appointment only .
- Service Level Fee: Enter the total number of coins being graded and the fee for the selected service level. Multiply these numbers then enter the total in the total column.
- Gold Shield Fee: If you have selected Gold Shield as the service type for a none-Gold Shield service level. Enter the number of coins in the submission, multiply by $5 and add the total in the total column.
- Voucher: Enter in the number of vouchers being used.
- Add On Fees: Total your add on fees from the above calculation section. Enter this total in the yellow box.
- Special Label Fees: Enter the total number of coins receiving a special label and the fee associated with that label. Multiple these numbers and enter the total in the total column.
- NOTE: There is a $10 Handling Fee for each submission.
- CC Membership Fee: If you are a new member or you are renewing with your submission, enter the fee for the membership tier you have selected.
- Return Shipping Fee: Return shipping fees are required for each submission. PCGS returns all orders via Priority, Express or Registered Mail (based upon the declared value). Shipping fees are calculated by the number of coins submitted and the total declared value of the submission. Based on the shipping chart, indicate the shipping charge for the submission. You may not combine shipping for multiple orders unless you are utilizing your own USPS Express Mail or FedEx account. Collectors Club members are responsible for return shipping and handling on complimentary submissions. Shipping rates are subject to change.
- Estimated Total Charges: Total all values in the Total column.
*Standard grading fees will apply whether the mint crosses or not ( since the coin completed the rate work and our graders rendered an impression ). Coins that do cross will besides be charged a Guarantee Premium based on the value of the coin. For coins which do not meet the minimum grade specified, the resultant role for the coins will show as Did not Cross. Please keep in mind that it is not rare for unlike grading services to reach different conclusions about the mark of a particular mint. PCGS is not bound, in any room, by an public opinion rendered by another marking service .
Method of Payment: Select your method acting of payment. PCGS accepts cash, check mark, money arrange, all major credit cards or payment via wrinkle of citation established with PCGS .
If the desire method acting of payment option is “ accredit card on-file ”, select the CCOF box. Indicate the last four digits of the credit tease on-file for confirmation. Purchasing a PCGS membership or subscription on-line does not place a credit tease on-file with PCGS. If you would like to register a citation card on-file ( for meekness requital ) please contact PCGS Customer Service at 800-447-8848 .
If you have an established line of citation with PCGS and would like this requital option, select the LOC box .
If paying with a credit circuit board or a credit wag on-file, sign the calling card holder key signature line .
Review the Terms and Conditions on the back of the submission shape and sign and date the front of the form. By signing the shape, you are agreeing to the PCGS terms and conditions. Orders without signatures will not be processed. Please reference the PCGS Collectors Club Agreement ( PDF ) for extra information .
extra Submission information :
Guarantee Premium: This extra fee applies to Rarities, Crossovers and Reconsiderations. The Guarantee Premium is equal to 1 % of the value of the coin in its final examination grad. The value of the coin is determined by the PCGS Price Guide value for that grade or the Declared Value of the mint, if the Price Guide value is not available. The minimum amount for the Guarantee Premium is $ 5. PCGS reserves the right to make the concluding determination of the coin ’ s value .