Parking at a Meter
COVID -19 Alert:
NYC is offering a second pay-by-cell option for on-street parking. Reduce exposure risk for yourself and our workforce – use contactless methods to pay for parking.
- ParkNYC app: pay for parking from pre-loaded wallet, no transaction fee (minimum $25 wallet)
- ParkMobile app: pay for individual parking session, plus a $0.15 per transaction fee (no wallet or preload required)
Throughout New York City, on-street meters and meters at municipal parking facilities distribute receipts that are displayed on the splashboard of the parked car. meter payments can be made using credit cards, coins or an NYC Parking Card. Drivers can besides pay for parking using the free ParkNYC app or ParkMobile app.
Reading: NYC DOT – Parking at a Meter
Find out more about parking rates and rules
Paying with ParkNYC
- Create an account using the free ParkNYC app
- Load your ParkNYC wallet
- Start parking – no need to display anything on your dashboard
Use the ParkNYC app to pay for on-street parking in all five boroughs .
How to Use Meters
Download a printable translation of these instructions ( pdf ) Remember, you can pay for parking using a mobile app
Pay by Coins
cut-in quarters or dollar coins to add time mechanically
Pay by Cards
credit cards : Dip and remove
NYC Parking Card : Insert and leave in
Read more custom BY HOANGLM with new data process: Meanings and origins of Australian words and idioms
2. Add Time
Press the blue push button to add time
Or, press the orange button to select the maximum time allowed
3. Print Receipt
Press green push button to print receipt
4. Display Receipt
Place receipt on driver ‘s side dashboard with print side facing up
To report a break meter, travel to NYC311 Online. If you are parked on a street with a separate meter, please manipulation another meter to obtain your receipt or pay via the mobile app .
Tips for Paying with Coins
Customers have approximately 40 seconds to deposit coins. If no coins are deposited within this time and the green button is not pushed, the transaction will be cancelled and coins returned.
Read more custom BY HOANGLM with new data process: How to Make a Coin Bezel Necklace – Easy!
Tips for Using a Parking Card at a Meter
- Do not remove the Parking Card until the transaction is over
- The display will show the balance on the card
- Press the green button to confirm the transaction
- You can cancel the transaction at any time by pressing the red button
- Parking Card payments can be combined with coins – this is helpful when Parking Cards have a very low value remaining
Learn more about paying with both a Parking Card and coins
Parking a Motorcycle at a Meter
Like other motorists, motorcyclists using meters must display their reception on their vehicle. To prevent larceny or damage to the reception, NYC DOT recommends using clear credit card holders attached to the motorcycle with a lock or early mechanism. Devices made particularly for this aim can be found in forte stores .
Category custom BY HOANGLM with new data process : Finance
Leave a Comment