When it comes to collecting coins, “ firsts ” and “ lasts ” are always key issues. This solicitation brings together six freshman issues, each featuring a different U.S. President .
Ranging in appellation from 1₵ to $ 1, this rig includes a penny, nickel, dime, quarter, half dollar and dollar all ranging in rate from Very Fine to Brilliant Uncirculated ( VF–BU ) condition. You ’ ll get :
- The first-year 1909 LINCOLN CENT in Very Fine (VF) or better condition. These copper pennies were struck to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln’s birth and have been issued ever since
- A first-year 1938 JEFFERSON NICKEL in VF or better condition. With only slight design change, the portrait of President Thomas Jefferson has appeared on the nickel ever since.
- A first-year 1946 ROOSEVELT DIME struck in 90% fine silver, available here in Very Fine to Extremely Fine (VF-XF) condition. It was first released the year of Franklin D. Roosevelt’s death.
- The first-year, 90% fine silver 1932 WASHINGTON QUARTER, also in VF-XF condition. Struck on the 200 anniversary of President George Washington’s birth, sculptor John Flanagan’s portrait has appeared on the coin ever since.
- A Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) first-year 1964 KENNEDY HALF DOLLAR, struck in 90% fine silver and issued mere months after President John F. Kennedy’s assassination.
- A Clad 1971 EISENHOWER DOLLAR, this first-year issue coin hails from America’s last large-size circulating dollar coin series. These coins are affectionately known as “Ike” Dollars for their portrait of Dwight Eisenhower.
That ’ sulfur six freshman circulating U.S. coins each paying tribute to one our nation ’ s greatest presidents, three of whom — George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln — are immortalized on Mount Rushmore ! Limber up your pipes and start singing “ Hail to the Chief ” with this presidential Firsts Six-Piece Coin Collection.